Thursday, March 11, 2010

How it all began

May 2008 - My first attempt at being a wardrobe stylist
Model and Friend: Tegan Elkins
Photographer: Stefanie Ann

Literally, one day while I was kicking my butt on the treadmill, I had an epiphany. I immediately text my friend Tegan saying "I need to get my portfolio started, will you do a shoot with me and be my guinea pig!?" Her response "Heck yes!!" .... I then text my sister Stefanie saying "when we're in the desert for Ashton's birthday, bring your camera. We're doing a photo shoot with Tegan!!" Thus, beginning the treacherous journey as a starving artist.
This shoot was one of the most gratifying for me. Not only did it serve its purpose as being a portfolio builder, but we got a lot of work done and covered a lot of looks. (I will locate others from this shoot to post, I have more where this one came from) We shot at the Bermuda Dunes Airport, Desert Sands, and my parent's backyard and guest bathroom. Tegan was a trooper... 6 or 7 wardrobe changes, hair and makeup and 9 hours of shooting. Thank you Tegan and Stefanie. I love you both!


No comments:

Post a Comment