Monday, September 26, 2011

Julie & Julia

Another obsession, especially over the last few days since I am still not fully over this head cold. Ugh.
I've had the movie playing on repeat since sometime yesterday afternoon. Fell asleep while watching it last night and started it again this morning. It's on right now as I'm blogging.
I find it inspiring and all I want to do is cook. But I DO NOT want to get up and go grocery shopping or actually put forth the energy to do the cooking. So instead, I sit, watch and drool. lol.
I've been wanting to make the bruschetta she makes. I've made bruschetta before but not the way she does in the movie. She grills the bread in a frying pan with butter before topping it with ripe tomatoes, mozzarella and drizzling it with olive oil. Delicious, yes!? At least, I think she puts mozzarella on the bruschetta, if not, she should. I definitely will!
And the chocolate cream pie she makes, ummm, yummy!!
I think I have a problem. I told you, all I seem to think about is FOOD!

I did make chicken and dumplings last week, for the very first time, and it turned out wonderfully. I was impressed with myself.
I used Rachel Ray's recipe, but I added a few more vegetables than she called for, 3 large carrots instead of 2 and I used about 6 small red potatoes rather than a russet potato. And to the broth, I added some Chardonnay, because let's face it! Wine makes everything better.
For the dumplings I used the Bisquick heart healthy biscuit recipe and added parsley just like her recipe calls for.
And let me tell you, this meal was fabulous. Especially with the cool fall weather we have just been able to enjoy.
I've included a picture of my delightful little masterpiece. I will definitely be making this again. It's a must have meal for Fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment