Thursday, October 28, 2010

Journey to Joburg: Day 2: London






Journal Entry: Saturday, October 9th, 2010
We arrived in London around noon. After not much sleep we headed out into the city. We took the Heathrow Express to Paddington, then took the circle line to Hyde Park. We had tea at The Orangery at Kensington Palace. It took every last ounce of energy in me to keep from falling asleep in my tea. My equilibrium was seriously off. I felt like I was spinning. I'm guessing it may have been due to the fact that we had travelled by car 2 hours, at the airport for about 3, on a plane for 10, had some, but not a lot of restless, uncomfortable sleep, and quite a bit of free wine!! I had to excuse myself from the table. I kept having this vision of face planting into the table. I had to get moving! I walked around outside, took some pictures, watched the brave, cheeky little squirrels come right up to people in search of food. The pigeons were ballsy too.....and not on the petite side either. The other gals finished their tea and we killed the time by wearing ourselves out by walking all around Hyde Park. I slowed us down a but by stopping for random pics of trees, flowers, and swans (I've included a few in this post) And then we headed back to Heathrow Airport via underground and the express train to endure our last leg of journey to Joburg. But not without buying some Dramamine.

2 comments:

  1. See, I didn't even know you had a blog before FB! SO HAPPY to get to know you better - and looking forward to hearing more of your posts . . . xooxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. =) I'm so happy you're finally on FB. I'm happy to share and glad you're enjoying my blog and learning more about me =) xxoo

    ReplyDelete