Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Time to move

Wow. Has it been that long since I've posted something? November 11th? I suppose it has.
Well, I'm going to change that. Right this very second.
I've been wanting to blog about the New Year. You know, resolutions and what not. But the trouble is, is that I'm not entirely certain on my resolution.
So, I'm going to put that on hold for a second. I will however, post about my most recent inspiration. It came from a song that I heard while headed back from the airport. The sad, lonely drive after saying bye to my love, yet once again.
The song is called I refuse, by Josh Wilson. I've taken the liberty of including some of the lyrics. You can search YouTube for the video if you'd like. I wasn't able to post the link.

This world needs God, but it's easier to stand and watch
I can say a prayer and just move on like nothings wrong
But I refuse
'Cause I don't wanna live like I don't care
I don't wanna say another empty prayer
Oh, I refuse to sit around and what for someone else
To do what God has called me to do myself
I could choose not to move
But I refuse

I can hear the least of these, crying out so desperately
And I know we are the hands and feet of you, oh God
So if you say move, it's time for me to follow through
And do what I was made to do and show them who you are


This song has empowered me to get moving. I've been doing a lot of talking, wishing, thinking and praying. It's time I follow that up with more action. It's time I start moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment