Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Blessings

So, tomorrow is February 1st!? How did that happen? And, it's 2012! Craaazzzy!!
It feels like only a couple of years ago that I graduated high school; my 10 year is THIS year!! It also feels like months ago that I was in South Africa; that was last October (2010). I went to London with Stef back in 2008/2009, I think!? That also feels like it was less than 2 years ago. Jacob and I have been together now for over 2 years. That one still blows my mind. It feels like I've known him for several years, but also seems as though we've only been together for several months. I can't imagine my life without him in it. He's my everything.





It's crazy where life leads us. People come and go in our lives, friendships evolve, fall apart, and often mend again.
I've had the blessed opportunity to reconnect with a dear friend from high school; Meghann Sloan, now Meghann Murphy. It's been so awesome reconnecting with her, getting to know her kids and who she is now as an adult, a mom. I sometimes still think of us a high school kids, so it's very odd at times to think of her as a mom. She's a great mom! Her kids are very sweet. They have their moments, yes, she'll tell you that, but they really are great kids and she's doing a fantastic job raising them.

It's also unreal that my little sister is going to grad school for her Masters. She really left me behind in the dust. lol. I'm so proud of her. She knows what she wants, what she needs to do to attain it, and she's going after it. I admire her. I miss her, of course, because she's on the other side of the country, but she's only a phone or skype call away =)

I feel very blessed with how my life has turned out. I couldn't really ask for anything more....well, maybe a couple of things. But honestly, I'm blessed and grateful to all that God has given me. I have an awesome, loving, caring boyfriend, amazing family and wonderful friends who love and support me. I'm a very lucky girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment